How to Make Conveyor belt easily
DIY conveyor belt
Hello, friends welcome back to our new blog post DIY conveyor belt. We know that conveyor belt is a carrying medium of a belt system. There are many types of the conveyor system. The conveyor belt system consists of two or more pulleys with an endless loop system to carry things. Belt rotates them using powered pulleys. This is the basic information about the conveyor belt. By using this concept here we will make the conveyor belt for school projects with simple materials like motor and cardboard sheet. Let’s make it.
Materials Needed :
- A dual shaft gear motor
- A 3.7-volt battery
- On-off switch
- A cardboard sheet
- Cycle tube
- Popsicle stick
- PVC pipe
- Cycle spoke
- Cut 4.5 cm long two PVC pipes.
- Cut 5.5 cm long two iron spokes.
- We need to cut different sizes of cardboard sheet so cut them in order.
- First, 2 cm radius four circles of cardboard sheet and make a hole in each circle in the center of each circle.
- Second, Cut a 23cm long and 10 cm wide cardboard piece.
- Third, Cut a 17cm long and 5.5cm wide cardboard piece.
- Fourth, Cut two 25cm long and 2.5cm wide cardboard piece.
- Now stick two circular pieces on a PVC pipe with glue to make a pulley.
- Make two such pulleys.
- Insert iron spokes in these pulleys.
- Glue the spokes with the circular pieces.
- Make four holes at the end of each long cardboard stripes of 25cm to insert these pulleys.
- Stick 17cm long and 5.5cm wide sheet in the middle of two 25cm long cardboard stripes with hot glue.
- Insert two pulleys at the end. See the picture below.
- Take a cycle tube rubber stripe and cut according to the length of overlapping both pulleys.
- Stick this stripe with glue.
- Cut three cardboard pieces of sizes smaller to bigger.
- Stick these pieces on 23cm long and 10cm wide cardboard piece in increasing order for a 45-degree slant.
- Stick belt set with pulleys to these three pieces at every part with glue.
- Now solder battery and switch to the motor.
- Place the motor near the base pulley which is on the bottom and insert the shaft of the motor and glue it.
- Glue the battery and switch on the board.
- Now cut small pieces of popsicle stick according to the size of the belt and stick it with glue at the same distance.
Now the conveyor belt machine is ready to work. Put matchboxes on the belt and turn on the switch. The Motor will start and rotates the pulley. That’s what we need. The belt will carry the load to another side.
I hope you like this awesome, small and easy conveyor belt. Feel free to ask questions and give suggestions to me.
Thanks for visiting.